Ready for take-off? Take part in the Burda International Startup Competition
Burda International is looking for innovative startups in France ready to scale up their company! We provide startups with 500.000 EUR prize money in media, a chance to pitch your company to a panel of expert judges, an opportunity to meet potential investors and partners and access to our international media and VC network.
Who are we targeting?
A new competition is about to stir up the French startup scene: Burda International is looking for French or France based entrepreneurs to participate in its start-up competition.
To participate in the invitation-only event on September 24th in Paris, startups have to fulfil the following conditions: The company….
- has to present a product or a service (B2B or B2C).
- can be active in any industry or segment.
- has launched a minimum viable product on the market.
- has generated first revenues.
The media prizes come of course “no strings attached“ for each winning venture.
Who are we?
Burda International is a globally operating media company. As the international arm of Hubert Burda Media, one of the largest German media companies, we are home to entrepreneurs and innovators creating products that are tailored to individual consumer needs around the globe. With over 300 magazines and 150 online resources we are active in diverse segments such as fashion, beauty, food & gastronomy, garden, DIY, consumer technology, home decoration, travel, men and business.
Burda is an active investor in digital ventures. Our digital “pure player” companies include among others the leading Polish fashion marketplace Showroom.pl, Turkish e-commerce venture Lidyana, second largest professional social network in Germany, Xing, biggest German speaking travel portal, HolidayCheck and Zooplus, leading online pet food retailer in Europe. Our 2,400 employees are building 360°hubs around our legacy media brands in over 18 countries worldwide. We have an international footprint that reaches from Europe to Asia, Turkey, Russia and Latin America.
- Winning startups receive up to 500.000 EUR to advertise in Burda magazines and online media. The media budget can be spent in France and internationally. With “no strings attached”, meaning that the media budget comes without any additional obligation. You win, you get the budget, you don’t give us anything in return.
- Other prices sponsored by our cooperation partners – such as free legal counsel with our partners from Paris based law firm, Tailor Wessing, or marketing strategy sessions with members of our partner le Cercle Marketing Direct – will also be available to win.
- Selected startups that attend the final pitch event receive media coverage and visibility among the international Burda community.
- Finalists will pitch to our all-stars jury composed of Burda executives, VCs and other industry influencers and receive access to our international network.
- Get the chance to get together with top investors, like 360 Capital Partners, Societex, A Plus Finance and Essec Ventures. Get to know representatives of the leading French digital news portals like Alliancy, Digital Business News, Frenchweb, Rude Baguette, or SOON SOON SOON.
- The opportunity to have Burda as an investor and strategic partner in your company. Beyond competing for the winning media budget, all finalists have the opportunity to convince us to invest in their startup.